Welcome to October 2023
…and news, stories, upcoming events and event reviews from UnitedMind Ltd. Laughter Yoga, Laughter Yoga in London, all over the UK and world, The Laughter Club International (UK) and The Telephone Laughter Club.
UnitedMind is on the forefront with laughter, happiness and joy!
In October News we share the following…
- Colourful from Yours Truly
- Important Petition and the German Telephone Laughter Club Vote
- Upping Your Elvis laughing through October
- The Awakening spiritual leadership event
- Resilience and mental health introduction workshop
- Hybrid Laughter Yoga Teacher Training for every leader
- Please follow us on Social Media
- The Laughter Club in St. Albans on Zoom and Telephone Laughter Club details
- Combat stress with Laughter Yoga Online Programme
- Laughter Yoga Training – timing in life is everything
- Important training and laughter club dates and info are listed at the end!
You can continue to enjoy reading our news on our secure site on UnitedMind.co.uk!
Between the night and the dawning day there is a vacuum where your senses are slowly accelerating back into the awakening to the light and to loving.
October has arrived and scents, sights, sensations, sounds, spice and saltiness, it is here to be savoured!
“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”Anne of Green Gables
The trees are torn hither and dither at their tops as I watch from my window.
I can see the changed tint of the top leaves and sense the freshness of the mornings, no longer brushing my face with the warmth of late summer.
Even if summer was as hot as ever and long lasting, autumn always arrives sooner or later.
One thing that persists is laughter.
Although… you may also feel your laughter change, deepen, and flow easier or perhaps even feel your laughter being challenged by the seasonal changes.
It is not uncommon to be affected by the darker and shorter days and it can feel as if laughter and the sunshine of the soul is overshadowed by shadows.
Even for the most stubborn mind there is a way of connecting with the inner joy, a simple morning-ha-ha-ha, and you may not feel it as a laughter, yet your body will respond to the up-turn of your lips and starts it sponaneous burst of the internal feelgood cocktail.
Where there is breath there is hope, where there is hope there is joy, where there is joy there is laughter, and laughter promotes a healthy mind, body and spirit!
There are many things in life that are not given and there are things in life we can impact by our courage and our willingness to be willing to live our best life possible.
Shared throughts, tears and laughter is a great way of creating connection with other and self.
If in doubt, speak with me about your laugh-life, the universe and everything laughter in between.
With Love, Friendship, Honesty, Kindness, Health, Hope, Goodness, Grace, Gratitude, Understanding, Faith, Peace, Forgiveness, Patience, Diligence, Love, Blessings and Joy
Laughter Yoga Specialist and Master Trainer
Important Petition and German Telephone Laughter Club Vote
To important laughter causes to support this autumn:
- Let us start another conversation where alternative therapies, including Laughter Therapy, are included in the debate for promoting health intead of covering up symptoms. Please sign the petition on www.change.org/p/changing-the-mental-health-conversations-embrace-alternative-therapies.
- The German Telephone Laughter Club is up for the German Engagement Prize 2023 please vote via www.deutscher-engagementpreis.de/publikumspreis/nominierte/5374-lachtelefon-e-v.
Nadia emailed me about Upping Your Elvis and I was not quite sure but I really liked the sound of it.
It is mostly the best of ideas to speak with people instead of relying on emails so when we finally met on Zoom I ‘could not get my arms down’ – that is maybe a Danish expression of showing the cheering excitement I felt after having connected with Nadia’s team of Jim, Chris and Neil.
Upping Your Elvis inspires positive culture in workplace and life so people feel more able to live extraordinary, fun, and fulfilling lives. Please visit them on www.uppingyourelvis.com.
I cannot imagine any better bringers of positive transformation than Upping Your Elvis, Nadia, Chris, Neil and Jim are awesome people on a mission to change life for the better where possible.
It was a joy to share some easy laughter practices with the group and Chris shared the following, https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxxYffINUNi/.
For October Jim Lusty, Chris Baréz-Brown, and Neil will be following a laughter programme in order to up their sense of humour, energy and laughter altogether.
You can read about their experience on www.uppingyourelvis.com/post/elvisenergyexperiment-laughter-with-lotte #EnergyExperiment.
For more information about workshop and training programmes for personal and professional use, please contact Lotte on mobile/WhatsApp +44 (0) 7736341717 or email email@example.com.
The event on 19-20 October 2023 is getting even closer now as we have entered October!
Our spiritual intelligence is the part of us that will overcome all ego-based material needs, urges and wants and we cannot leave it forever to open this unlimited capacity for growth.
The Awakening is the first event of its kind for professionals who want to grow and learn about spiritual intelligence and how to impact and inspire positive change in yourself and your communities.
I look forward to being part of this unique event on 19th October 2023 at Theodore House, Stonyhurst in Lancashire. Hope to see you there!
To see the programme and to book your tickets, head to www.amandagreencoaching.co.uk/agenda-for-the-awakening.
Amanda Green is a super-special human being, a transformational coach and facilitator, on a mission to create positive change and wake the nation to our spirituality at work and in life. Meet her on www.amandagreencoaching.co.uk, she offers some truly empowering challenges you can accept on her website.
For more information about working together, please contact Lotte on mobile/WhatsApp +44 (0) 7736341717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resilience and Mental Health Workshop
Sue Haswell and Lotte Mikkelsen is taking you through an Introduction to Resilience and Mental Health Workshop.
Learn how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health episodes and conditions without the need to fix people.
We will discuss methods you can use for building your own resilience and keep your mental health healty.
Everyone has mental health but do we know how to spot changes in others and ourselves so we can seek the help needed?
Mental health is on everyone’s agenda yet it is still too often pushed aside for ‘more urgent business matters’.
This is an opportunity to find out how you can support people in your classes, training, and workshops.
Both Sue and Lotte are Mental Health First Aid Trainers.
The Hybrid Laughter Yoga Teacher Training is showing to be a great platform for learing the theory behind becoming Laughter Yoga Teacher!
The Laughter Yoga Teacher Training is an awesome course, teaching you many more skills to combine with your leader skills including becoming a teacher or Laughter Yoga.
The beauty of the hybrid model is that the theory can be completed online and when we meet in person we can focus on what we do with groups in person.
The training runs over 6 online sessions plue 2 days in person on the following times and dates, and there are more options in the shop:
- Online Sundays from 10-12:30 in February-March 2024
- In person Weekend from 9-17 on 28-29/10 2023
Online we will cover
- Recap of Laughter Yoga Leader Training
- Laughter yoga for seniors
- Laughter Yoga for School children
- Laughter Yoga in Business
- Laughter Yoga in Hospitals and Health care
- Laughter Yoga for special need
- What are the different training programmes you can offer
- Teaching Laughter Yoga Leaders
- Promotion Marketing PR and presentation skills
- Inner Spirit of Laughter
In person we will be covering
- Creating new exercises
- Talent Show
- Gibberish workshop
- Vision board
- Learning to facilitate Yoga Nidra
- Laughter Yoga Bollywood Dance
Booking on https://www.unitedmind.co.uk/product/laughter-yoga-teacher-hybrid/ at early bird £595 / full fee £795.
For more information about training and workshops please contact me on email@example.com.
I hope you will follow and like us on these platforms and help us grow awareness of Laughter Yoga, joy and kindful living.
- www.linkedin.com/company/unitedmind-limited or connect with me on www.linkedin.com/in/lottemikkelsen
Please also feel free to register for our newsletter on www.unitedmind.co.uk if you are not yet receiving it to your inbox – and share with your network. Thank you.
We are up to something with laughter and sharing the benefits, and we hope that you enjoy these monthly Laughter Yoga workouts.
The Laughter Club in St Albans is still sharing laughter on Zoom on 1st Sunday every month (except August) at 1pm-1:30pm!
Please register online on https://form.jotform.com/200864136631350.
- Sunday 8 October 2023 at 13:00-13:30 UK time – we skipped past 1 October although it was the first Sunday of the month
- Please join on https://us04web.zoom.us/j/132683686 pw 305815
A Laughter Club is just like a fitness session and we encourage you to pay as you can to www.paypal.me/unitedmind. Thank you for your kindness.
Please get in touch about the laughter clubs and other options via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile/WhatsApp 07736 341 717.
In addition The Telephone Laughter Club runs Monday to Friday at 7:00 to 7:10 on
- Dial: 0333 011 2319
- Room number: 33928453 #
- PIN: 8494 #
Please also contact me about The Telephone Laughter Club where we laugh weekday mornings from 7:00 to 7:10 if you have any questions about this service, email@example.com.
A deepening of your knowledge if you are a Laughter Yoga Professional and a gentle introphase to why Laughter Yoga is an essential choice if you have not yet submerged yoursefl in Laughter Yoga.
This programme has the potential to change your perspective on the stress that may seem to run your life at times as well as give you ideas on how you can use laughter as a remedy to combat this stress.
Are you willing to experience transformation? Willing to smile when you do not feel the smile at all?
It takes commitment and a willingness to experience the results that happen when your attitude and perspective changes in order to counter-balance stress.
The programme consists of 2 x 5 lessons with a wealth of information, knowledge, wisdom and tips for how you can change your stress with simple, daily steps.
If you do not try you will never know…
- Introduction session, standard intro with background, why it is a good idea to practice and brief on benefits, and laughter exercises
- Neurobiology of stress and Laughter Yoga for stress reduction
- Activating the parasympathetic nervous system with laughter
- The Laughter Yoga philosophy of motion creates emotion
- Laughing when you are not in the mood, trigger the joy cocktail
- Depression: causes, symptoms, neurobiology
- Anxiety and Laughter
- Cancer and Laughter
- Detoxing with Laughter Yoga
- Laughter and neurological disorders
Conquer Stress with Laughter Yoga is available via www.pensight.com/x/unitedmind, where you can register for season 1 or 2 or both.
More seasons will go in depth with the psychology of laughter, polyvagal theory, neuroplasticity, lymphatic drainage and much more. Stay tuned.
If you would like to speak about Laughter Yoga and Laughter Therapy on your Podcast, news channel, entertainment programme, or for an article or other media ideas, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Laughter Training – the time is now!
The 2-day Laughter Yoga Leader Training runs in London 5 times a year with Lotte and Mel. We bring you an exceptional journey into the depth of laughter and fun, as well as exploring aspects of yourself and your plans for bringing laughter to others.
Teaching Laughter Yoga Leader Training started for me in 2007 in St. Albans, and since then I brought the training to Durham and online in 2009, to London in 2010, to Blackpool/Preston in 2015 and wherever your team takes me.
Now is the best time to book your spot on one of the 2023 and 2024 courses!
Once you are a Laughter Yoga Leader your exploration has only just started and it opens the world of Laughter Yoga to you, and also becoming a Laughter Yoga Teacher.
To hear more about our training programmes, options and requirements, please contact via email email@example.com.
More information about the different programmes is available on
- Laughter Yoga Leader – from £225 per person
- Laughter Yoga Teacher – from £595 per person
- Laughter Yoga Coach – from £895 per person
UnitedMind is registered with our insurance company as a Training Provider which means that our certificates grant you insurance.
When you choose your training provider please make sure you check their credentials as online training methods and courses are not always covered by insurers.
FHT Accredited courses uniquely from UnitedMind Laughter Yoga and our Accredited Laughter Yoga Teachers are
- 2-day Laughter Yoga Leader Training / 4-week online
- 5-day Laughter Yoga Teacher Training / hybrid 7 online sessions + weekend
- 1-day Laughter Yoga Coach Training
- Laughter Therapist Training
With accreditation we are taking Laughter Yoga seriously and we are bringing the standards to another level of nationwide approval within the education system. The UnitedMind accreditation is the only UK accreditation for Laughter Yoga Training.
Our courses are continued professional development and gives you points to add to your CPD list!
To learn more about how you can become a Laughter Yoga Leader or Teacher please contact Lotte on mobile/WhatsApp +44 (0) 7736341717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UnitedMind teaches Laughter Yoga courses in the following locations:
- Accredited Laughter Yoga Leader Training
This training is a requirement for becoming a Laughter Yoga Teacher
- London, Online, Preston
- Durham and St. Albans on request with minumum 4 people
- Your venue, your group – minimum 4 people
- Accredited Laughter Yoga Teacher Training
This training is a requirement for becoming a Laughter Yoga Coach
- Hemel Hempstead
- Your venue, your group – minimum 4 people
- Accredited Laughter Therapist Training
- Accredited Laughter Coach and Certified Gibberish Coach Training
- Your venue, your group – minimum 4 people
Your Self Study
A way to learn at your own leisure, at times to suit. If you are able to come to the in-person training at a later time, the 2-day training is included in the fee of £225.
It is exciting to launch a new way of learning Laughter Yoga online as an almost-self-study, where you will be able to learn at your own pace and finish by presenting a Laughter Yoga session as you will have learned through the lessons, at a face-to-face Zoom session.
The 2-day Laughter Yoga Leader Training runs on the following dates and venues (full details are listed on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/laughter-yoga-leader/) provided by UnitedMind in the UK since 2007:
- 14-15 October 2023 Laughter Yoga Leader London from £225
- 02-03 December 2023 Laughter Yoga Leader London from £225
- 02-03 March 2024 Laughter Yoga Leader London from £225
- 02-03 May 2024 Laughter Yoga Leader Preston from £225 – ONLY OPPORTUNITY
- 15-17 June 2024 Laughter Yoga Leader London from £225
- More dates are listed on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/laughter-yoga-leader/
- Your workplace or with your group at dates to suit you!
12-hour Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Training Online – click to choose your dates:
- Saturdays 04, 11, 18, 25 November 2023 at 10am-12:30pm from £225
- More dates in 2023 are listed on www.unitedmind.co.uk/product-category/laughter-leader-training-online/
The 5-day Laughter Yoga Teacher Training and Hybrid Laughter Yoga Teacher Training runs on the following dates and venues (full details are listed on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/laughter-yoga-teacher/) provided by UnitedMind in the UK since 2012:
- HYBRID Online Sundays in September-October + 28-29 October 2023 in London £595 early bird
- HYBRID Online Sundays in January-March + 23-24 March 2024 in London £595 early bird
- 08-12 July 2024 in London non-residential £595 early bird
- More dates on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/laughter-yoga-teacher/
Fees for residential training are including accommodation from Monday to Friday.
Feel free to enquire about special offers at any time, email@example.com.
The 1-day Laughter Yoga Coach Training for Laughter Yoga Teachers runs online on the following dates (full details are listed on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/laughter-yoga-coach-cpd/):
Add-On to Laughter Yoga Teacher Certification
Or you can book your 8-week One On One Laughter Coaching Programme and get closer to your real laughter through the practice of Laughter Yoga exercises.
The 2-day Laughter Therapist Training is only the beginning of the 6-12 months programme (full details on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/laughter-therapist/)
The 1-day Gibberish Coach Training for Laughter Yoga Leaders and Teachers runs on the following dates (full details are listed on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/gibberish-coach/):
All fees listed in the newsletter are early bird fees available until one month before training dates and excluding travel and accommodation costs unless otherwise stated. Other deals may be available as well as special agreements with companies and organisations who wish to train teams and individuals in their workplace.
If you want to be sure to get a place on the course of your choice please book now in the UnitedMind Online Shop.
For more information about accredited training courses please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 0800 1214 714, or mobile/WhatsApp +447736341717.