Welcome to August 2023
…and news, stories, upcoming events and event reviews from UnitedMind Ltd. Laughter Yoga, Laughter Yoga in London, all over the UK and world, The Laughter Club International (UK) and The Telephone Laughter Club.
UnitedMind is on the forefront with laughter, happiness and joy!
In August News we share the following…
- Alarming August from Yours Truly
- The Awakening of your spiritual intelligence
- What happened in July…
- Hybrid Laughter Yoga Teacher Training for every leader
- Please follow us on Social Media
- The Laughter Club in St. Albans on Zoom and at Hemel Hempstead Library + new Telephone Laughter Club number
- Combat stress with Laughter Yoga
- Laughter Yoga Training – your time is now!
- Important training and laughter club dates and info are listed at the end!
You can continue to enjoy reading our news on our secure site on UnitedMind.co.uk!
Actually, it is perhaps not August that is alarming but more so the statistics I was reading up on over the week.
As I was researching some numbers for a project that makes my heart turn at double pace and my soul sing I found myself getting slightly worried about our future as humankind.
Who made up this term and when did we forget and became ‘just’ humans?
Kind of human or kind human?
Whatever we make it mean words carry energy and kind carries love and compassion which are words of high frequency connecting us with our divinity.
There are some serious stats we are trying to combat and I believe laughter therapy and laughter yoga are ways in which we have a fighting chance,
- Around 1 in 6 adults in the UK are experiencing depression (ONS)
- Women are twice as likely to experience depression than men (Streb et al., 2021)
- 15% of women receive treatment for depression, compared to only 9% of men (Mental Health Foundation)
- 79% frequently experience work-related stress, making it the most common cause of stress (Statistica)
- 7%, 1 in 14 UK adults feel stressed every single day (CIPHR)
- 74% of people feel so stressed they have been overwhelmed or unable to cope (Mental Health Foundation and YouGov)
- Over 700,000 people take their own life each year = 1 person every 40 seconds (World Health Organization)
- 1 in 5 people have suicidal thoughts (NHS Digital)
- 1 in 14 people self-harm (NHS Digital)
- 22.5% of people admit to using drugs or alcohol during work hours (Gitnux)
- 1 in 4 men and 1 in 5 women admitting to consuming drugs or alcohol in a professional setting (CIPD)
And the topic of menopause is strongly coming out of hiding with 3 out of 5 (59%) working women between the ages of 45 and 55 who are experiencing menopause symptoms say it has a negative impact on them at work.
Relationships have the potential to heal when we focus on the being instead of the doing, on the heart instead of the ego, and when relationships and connections blossom the rest will take care of itself.
Technology accounts for a lot of daily stress as well as relief from stressful tasks, the bottomline however is that life happens in person, online is full of filters and pretence created to nurture jealousy and inadequacy.
Although there are many motivational videos, memes and messages out there to support us many of them speak to the side of us who feels not good enough and that is simply not good enough.
Make peace with yourself and your laughter even if no one else does.
Let’g go on a collective journey while surfing on top of life as the humandkind we were always meant to be!
With Love, Friendship, Honesty, Kindness, Health, Hope, Goodness, Grace, Gratitude, Understanding, Faith, Peace, Forgiveness, Patience, Diligence, Love, Blessings and Joy
Laughter Yoga Specialist and Master Trainer
I have mentioned The Awakening a few months in a row, and it deserves another one!
Our spiritual intelligence is the part of us that will overcome all ego-based material needs, urges and wants and we cannot leave it forever to open this unlimited capacity for growth.
The Awakening is the first event of its kind for professionals who want to grow and learn about spiritual intelligence and how to impact and inspire positive change in yourself and your communities.
I look forward to being part of this unique event on 19th October 2023 in North West England. Watch this space for more information unfolding over the coming weeks and months.
For more details and to book your tickets, head to www.amandagreencoaching.co.uk/theawakening.
Amanda Green is an extraordinary human being, a transformational coach and facilitator, meet her on www.amandagreencoaching.co.uk/, she offers some truly empowering challenges you can accept on her website.
For more information about working together, please contact Lotte on mobile/WhatsApp +44 (0) 7736341717 or email email@example.com.
What happened in July…
There were some super-extraordinary highlights such as Plan International, Encord, and MS Society and more workshops as well as a variety of training events throughout the month.
Amazing and inspirational moments in corporate businesses with many great memories that have been stored safely in the kind mind.
And later in July…
‘The best training I have ever experienced and I have been on a lot of courses’ was a comment that was expressed following the 5-day Laughter Yoga Teacher Training, the last one held at Felden Lodge as it will be passed onto other hands early September and no longer serve as our teacher training venue.
It was a week of great learning, lessons, growth, magic, and miracles, as well as sadness and loss. Yet the week will be treasured as one that changed life and transformed perspective.
We all grew a little bit taller when we let go of something that no longer served us, at least mentally and emotionally we grew taller.
In addition the Gibberish Coach and Laughter Coach training days unfolded as great platforms for further professional and personal development.
It was fun and I still laugh at some of the Gibberish jokes, I wish I could remember them fully…
There are many training events coming up and I invite you to immerse yourself into the laughter depth of your life.
For more information about workshop and training programmes for personal and professional use, please contact Lotte on mobile/WhatsApp +44 (0) 7736341717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may be a Laughter Yoga Leader who wants to become a Laughter Yoga Teacher yet time does not allow you to make the jump.
Taking 5 days out of the week can often be a challenge for anyone, and in addition the accommodation has not always suited everyone so how can you save money on something that is included but not required for you.
I thought I’d try to make it work for us all so there is a solution!
The Laughter Yoga Teacher Training is an awesome course, teaching you many more skills to combine with your leader skills including becoming a teacher or Laughter Yoga.
The beauty of the hybrid model is that the theory can be completed online and when we meet in person we can focus on what we do with groups in person.
The training runs over 6 online sessions plue 2 days in person on the following times and dates, and there are more options in the shop:
- Online Sundays from 10-12 on 03/09, 10/09, 17/09, 01/10, 08/10, 22/10 2023
- In person Weekend from 9-17 on 28-29/10 2023
Online we will cover
- Recap of Laughter Yoga Leader Training
- Laughter yoga for seniors
- Laughter Yoga for School children
- Laughter Yoga in Business
- Laughter Yoga in Hospitals and Health care
- Laughter Yoga for special need
- What are the different training programmes you can offer
- Teaching Laughter Yoga Leaders
- Promotion Marketing PR and presentation skills
- Inner Spirit of Laughter
In person we will be covering
- Creating new exercises
- Talent Show
- Gibberish workshop
- Vision board
- Learning to facilitate Yoga Nidra
- Laughter Yoga Bollywood Dance
All of this for a really special one-off fee of £595 which is available until 10/9-2023 and then it is the standard fee of £725. Booking on https://www.unitedmind.co.uk/product/laughter-yoga-teacher-hybrid/.
For more information about training and workshops please contact me on email@example.com.
I hope you will follow and like us on these platforms and help us grow awareness of Laughter Yoga, joy and kindful living.
- www.linkedin.com/company/unitedmind-limited or connect with me on www.linkedin.com/in/lottemikkelsen
Please also feel free to register for our newsletter on www.unitedmind.co.uk if you are not yet receiving it to your inbox – and share with your network. Thank you.
– and at Hemel Hempstead Library
The Laughter Club International (UK) is running in Hemel Hempstead and we will be laughing on the second Sunday every month until December 2023 at Hemel Hempstead Library, The Forum, Hertfordshire HP1 1DN.
The time is 13:00-14:00 and the dates are,
- 13 August 2023
- 10 September 2023
- 07 October 2023
- 12 November 2023
- 10 December 2023
Please join us at Hemel Hempstead Library!
We are up to something with laughter and sharing the benefits, and we hope that you enjoy these monthly Laughter Yoga workouts.
The Laughter Club in St Albans is still sharing laughter on Zoom on 1st Sunday every month (except August) at 1pm-1:30pm!
Please register online on https://form.jotform.com/200864136631350.
- Sunday 3 September 2023 at 13:00-13:30 UK time – August is holiday time so no Laughter Club on 6 August, apologies if you joined…
- Please join on https://us04web.zoom.us/j/132683686 pw 305815
A Laughter Club is just like a fitness session and we encourage you to pay as you can to www.paypal.me/unitedmind. Thank you for your kindness.
Please get in touch about the laughter clubs and other options via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile/WhatsApp 07736 341 717.
In addition The Telephone Laughter Club runs Monday to Friday at 7:00 to 7:10 on
- Dial: 0333 011 2319
- Room number: 33928453 #
- PIN: 8494 #
Please also contact me about The Telephone Laughter Club where we laugh weekday mornings from 7:00 to 7:10 if you have any questions about this service, email@example.com.
A deepening of your knowledge if you are a Laughter Yoga Professional and a gentle introphase to why Laughter Yoga is an essential choice if you have not yet submerged yoursefl in Laughter Yoga.
This programme has the potential to change your perspective on the stress that may seem to run your life at times as well as give you ideas on how you can use laughter as a remedy to combat this stress.
Are you willing to experience transformation? Willing to smile when you do not feel the smile at all?
It takes commitment and a willingness to experience the results that happen when your attitude and perspective changes in order to counter-balance stress.
The programme consists of 2 x 5 lessons with a wealth of information, knowledge, wisdom and tips for how you can change your stress with simple, daily steps.
If you do not try you will never know…
- Introduction session, standard intro with background, why it is a good idea to practice and brief on benefits, and laughter exercises
- Neurobiology of stress and Laughter Yoga for stress reduction
- Activating the parasympathetic nervous system with laughter
- The Laughter Yoga philosophy of motion creates emotion
- Laughing when you are not in the mood, trigger the joy cocktail
- Depression: causes, symptoms, neurobiology
- Anxiety and Laughter
- Cancer and Laughter
- Detoxing with Laughter Yoga
- Laughter and neurological disorders
Conquer Stress with Laughter Yoga is available via www.pensight.com/x/unitedmind, where you can register for season 1 or 2 or both.
A season 3 and 4 are still underway which will go in depth with the psychology of laughter, polyvagal theory, neuroplasticity, lymphatic drainage and much more. Stay tuned.
If you would like to speak about Laughter Yoga and Laughter Therapy on your Podcast, news channel, entertainment programme, or for an article or other media ideas, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a Laughter Yoga Leader you have the opportunity to reconnect with your own laughter and share the joyful act with others in groups of people you know or people you don’t know but who want to experience wholesome laughter again.
Perhaps you have a bigger vision, one of teaching others to share laughter just like you do, and you learn Laughter Yoga on a deeper level to become a teacher.
The amazing thing about being a Laughter Yoga Teacher is that you can now start creating a network of people who, just like you, are up to something with laughter.
However, there is a deeper connection that you may seek, in your own laughter or in your connection with others.
Undoubtedly becoming a Laughter Coach is a big step because the core of you must be comfortable with your own laughter and with laughter exercises alone.
The Laughter Yoga Coaching programme takes yourself and your clients on a journey of self-discovery and into the depths of letting go of ego.
It is fun and it is a challenge to yourself that will give you the experience of connecting deeply with your own magic and with your heart on a level that may seem incomprehendable until you have in fact gone there.
To become a Laughter Coach you must be a Laughter Yoga Teacher and to become a Laughter Yoga Teacher you must be a Laughter Yoga Leader first
You can book your training on https://www.unitedmind.co.uk/shop/.
There are more links, dates, places and details further down this page.
For more information about our workshop and training programmes please get in touch on email@example.com or call to have a conversation on 07736341717.
Laughter Training – timing in life is everything!
The 2-day Laughter Yoga Leader Training runs in London 5 times a year with Lotte and Mel. We bring you an exceptional journey into the depth of laughter and fun, as well as exploring aspects of yourself and your plans for bringing laughter to others.
Teaching Laughter Yoga Leader Training started for me in 2007 in St. Albans, and since then I brought the training to Durham and online in 2009, to London in 2010, to Blackpool/Preston in 2015 and wherever your team takes me.
Now is the best time to book your spot on one of the 2023 and 2024 courses!
Once you are a Laughter Yoga Leader your exploration has only just started and it opens the world of Laughter Yoga to you, and also becoming a Laughter Yoga Teacher.
To hear more about our training programmes, options and requirements, please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the different programmes is available on
- Laughter Yoga Leader – from £225 per person
- Laughter Yoga Teacher – from £595 (hybrid) / £900 per person
- Laughter Yoga Coach – from £995 per person including accommodation
UnitedMind is registered with our insurance company as a Training Provider which means that our certificates grant you insurance.
When you choose your training provider please make sure you check their credentials as online training methods and courses are not always covered by insurers.
FHT Accredited courses uniquely from UnitedMind Laughter Yoga and our Accredited Laughter Yoga Teachers are
- 2-day Laughter Yoga Leader Training
- 5-day Laughter Yoga Teacher Training
- 1-day Laughter Yoga Coach Training
- Laughter Therapist Training
With accreditation we are taking Laughter Yoga seriously and we are bringing the standards to another level of nationwide approval within the education system. The UnitedMind accreditation is the only UK accreditation for Laughter Yoga Training.
Our courses are continued professional development and gives you points to add to your CPD list!
To learn more about how you can become a Laughter Yoga Leader or Teacher please contact Lotte on mobile/WhatsApp +44 (0) 7736341717 or email email@example.com.
UnitedMind teaches Laughter Yoga courses in the following locations:
- Accredited Laughter Yoga Leader Training
This training is a requirement for becoming a Laughter Yoga Teacher
- London, St. Albans, Online, Preston, Durham
- Your venue, your group – minimum 4 people
- Accredited Laughter Yoga Teacher Training
This training is a requirement for becoming a Laughter Yoga Coach
- Hemel Hempstead
- Your venue, your group – minimum 4 people
- Accredited Laughter Therapist Training
- Accredited Laughter Coach and Certified Gibberish Coach Training
- Your venue, your group – minimum 4 people
Your Self Study
A way to learn at your own leisure, at times to suit. If you are able to come to the in-person training at a later time, the 2-day training is included in the fee of £195.
It is exciting to launch a new way of learning Laughter Yoga online as an almost-self-study, where you will be able to learn at your own pace and finish by presenting a Laughter Yoga session as you will have learned through the lessons, at a face-to-face Zoom session.
The 2-day Laughter Yoga Leader Training runs on the following dates and venues (full details are listed on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/laughter-yoga-leader/) provided by UnitedMind in the UK since 2007:
- 16-17 September 2023 Laughter Yoga Leader St Albans from £225 – ONLY OPPORTUNITY
- 14-15 October 2023 Laughter Yoga Leader London from £225
- 02-03 December 2023 Laughter Yoga Leader London from £225
- 17-18 February 2024 Laughter Yoga Leader Durham from £225 – ONLY OPPORTUNITY
- 02-03 March 2024 Laughter Yoga Leader London from £225
- 02-03 May 2024 Laughter Yoga Leader Preston from £225 – ONLY OPPORTUNITY
- 15-17 June 2024 Laughter Yoga Leader London from £225
- More dates are listed on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/laughter-yoga-leader/
- Your workplace or with your group at dates to suit you!
12-hour Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Training Online – click to choose your dates:
- Tuesdays 01, 08, 15, 29 August 2023 at 7pm-9:30pm from £195
- More dates in 2022 are listed on www.unitedmind.co.uk/product-category/laughter-leader-training-online/
The 5-day Laughter Yoga Teacher Training runs on the following dates and venues (full details are listed on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/laughter-yoga-teacher/) provided by UnitedMind in the UK since 2012:
- HYBRID Online + 28-29 October in London £595 early bird
- 06-10 November 2023 in Hemel Hempstead residential £900 early bird
- 08-12 July 2024 in Hemel Hempstead residential £900 early bird
- More dates on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/laughter-yoga-teacher/
Fees for residential training are including accommodation from Monday to Friday.
Feel free to enquire about special offers at any time, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 1-day Laughter Yoga Coach Training for Laughter Yoga Teachers runs online on the following dates (full details are listed on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/laughter-yoga-coach-cpd/):
Add-On to Laughter Yoga Teacher Certification
Or you can book your 8-week One On One Laughter Coaching Programme and get closer to your real laughter through the practice of Laughter Yoga exercises.
The 2-day Laughter Therapist Training is only the beginning of the 6-12 months programme (full details on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/laughter-therapist/)
The 1-day Gibberish Coach Training for Laughter Yoga Leaders and Teachers runs on the following dates (full details are listed on www.unitedmind.co.uk/training/gibberish-coach/):
All fees listed in the newsletter are early bird fees available until one month before training dates and excluding travel and accommodation costs unless otherwise stated. Other deals may be available as well as special agreements with companies and organisations who wish to train teams and individuals in their workplace.
If you want to be sure to get a place on the course of your choice please book now in the UnitedMind Online Shop.
For more information about accredited training courses please contact us via email@example.com, phone 0800 1214 714, or mobile/WhatsApp +447736341717.